Wednesday, November 20, 2019

20 November 2008

Archie: Didn't you get to do enough cooking on Woody Island?

Max: A girl's cooking is NEVER done! :)

Archie: Give me a scullery maid and I'd have to agree with you. I just hate washing up, especially when others do nothing to help and then expect to be able to eat it all.

Max: I would KILL for my own personal scullery maid! That would be awesome. My life is minionless at the moment without a scullery maid. I reckon Robbie would make a very fetching scullery maid ... :)

Archie: Oh, how divine an idea :) I hope she won't mind. No the person I wish demoted to the position of scullery maid has a reputation at odds with the job. And she'd only ever wash up once in a blue moon rather than when it was required of her.

Max: N'ah, I reckon she'd do it if I have RA as the Kitchen Boy - they would have to sleep in the cinders together under the roasting meat. That'll get her on board.

Archie: i think you'd have more luck with DL as the kitchen boy. I think he's a fave at the moment because of Life. And if he's your servant  ...

Max: DL to get Arthur as a maid, RA to get Robbie as a maid. Maybe Arthur to get Robbie as a maid and DL and RA can be my 'bedmates'. Yeeeeeees.

Archie: But how much work are they likely to do with RA or DL or even FP in the kitchen with them?

Max: There will be shenanigans for sure, but I think both Arthur and Robbie would understand which side their bread is buttered (because otherwise, that is all the food they are getting) and put in the hours in the suds :)

Archie: you have such faith … but then you'd have more chance of getting them to work than I ever would.

Max: I have an 'I Run The Kitchen' attitude now, so you may be right. My mother has started saying things like 'well, we better get out of the kitchen because MAX is in there and SHE likes things cooked THIS way.' I am quite a bit less accommodating now I have had a taste of running a kitchen. The Queen Bee has finally shown up for 2008! :)

Archie: *tsk* *tsk* the real test will be in the kitchen with me. Is the Queen B getting too big for her boots? And is she here to stay? I'm quite prepared to demote you to second cook should it prove necessary. :)

Max: Well, I think we shall have to find out eh? When it comes to extreme cooking and running a kitchen, I think my week of catering sets me up as stiff competition ...

No comments: