Wednesday, November 06, 2019

6 November 2014

I like to hear that people who have lived their own lives are able to find partners who have done similarly to spend lots of time with.

I like to hear that women who have lived their own lives are able to find partners who have done similarly to spend lots of time with.

It is confusing when I hear that women who have lived their own lives are suddenly invisible because of the job their partner has.

Many thanks to a Human Rights Lawyer and a Theatre Director (whom I don't actually know, but have read much about) for demonstrating this phenomenon this year.

Rhys: What phenomenon? Have read and Reread and see they have changed people with woman but don't see what the phenomenon is.
Max: Ah, Rhys, people are teasing me by forwarding articles about a certain engagement, but I am noticing a trend in how the articles about the engagement are written.
The articles about this engagement between two English Theatre Luvvies focuses on the fame of the actor, instead of the cross-disciplinary talent and hard work of the director.
It reminds me of the Human Rights lawyer who married an actor this year, and because of his fame her dresses become the story, not her successes.
Rhys: All the articles I have read have talked about her credentials as well as his (lol my articles are in ok magazine). I thought u were quoting something
Max: Do any of the articles have the following heading? I am trying to find one ... please let there be one ...
Sophie Hunter and Benedict Cumberbatch announce Engagement.
Rhys: I will have a look in my recent mag and let you know.
Max: This shit makes me so tired. This single article that lists Sophie Hunter first is still found wanting in the 'be respectful to Sophie Hunter, her life is not of interest now simply for who she is engaged to' areas, but at least they write about her at the start of some of the sentences, you know, as if she is a subject, not an object.
Language is so important.
Max: THIS is going some way towards correct reporting
Sophie Hunter And Benedict Cumberbatch Announce Engagement Through Classified Ad

No comments: