Monday, November 18, 2019

18 November 2009

There is a long story and a short story ...

The short story is that I did my Honours Thesis in 2007 and it killed my ability to write without referencing each sentence :(

The long story is that I only ever wrote from life, usually when it was boring. I now have a frantically exciting life and writing about it bores me because it is a pretty specific lifestyle ...

I am a theatrical agent now and I spend three nights a week in the theatre and at showbiz parties. It sounds exciting, but only for me, retelling the stories of the endless partying is a cross between bragging and name-dropping, so I don't like to do it

I am starting an exercise though to get back into writing - it will not be nearly as political as it got before my thesis, but hopefully it will warm up and be interesting

No comments: