Saturday, November 16, 2019

16 November 2004

Anyway, on to nicer things! All my bosses are away (hence the continuous emailing!) I am going to the movies. *max scrounges around for more happy stuff* I am alive, I am warm, I have chocolate.
I will get sleep tonight.

that's about it folks.

oooh! I have no more pressure on me to write that story! :-P

Here is a little one for the afternoon ...

Once upon a time, there was a Christmas light. This Christmas light had been lighting up Regent Street for four years, the first year as blue light, the second and third as a white light and the fourth year as a red light. As a red light, it sat in the far bottom-right corner of the first rank of lights off Oxford Circus. Each day this light did its thing and while adding to the sum total of the constellations of Regent Street, it also cheered one dour Australian girl who had never been so miserable in her entire life, seeing as she was used to being stupidly happy ALL the time and not just three times a week.

This red Christmas light is a friggin legend.

THE END

I am super super bored so I am going to tell you a juicy bit of Max gossip! :) *bet you CAN'T wait!*

anyway - my little English friend Sam (inappropriate outfit at my party and dislike of anyone getting more male attention than her etc) sent me a break-up email about the time I confronted her with the three times she stepped in to effectively 'steal' the guys that were talking to me. It was a surprisingly amusing email for a few reasons -

#1 She was afraid it would be difficult for me to read and that I would hate her for writing it. *grin* sorry dear, you lost me long before this! She thought that since I brought it up that it offended me, even though I patiently explained at the time that I just wanted her to see her actions from someone else's eyes.

#2 She 'didn't really want to tell me' but each guy, after coming up to chat me up, confided in her that they were now more attracted to her. Oh NO! And to think that I would rather chew off my own arm than even talk to some stupid, ugly drunk Englishman who thought she was attractive! *retch*

#3 She outlined my faults which were - too loud, too talkative, too judgemental and too rigid. *phew* I am so glad to see that she is documenting such numerous and debilitating defects, seeing as anything she finds pitiable, I am naturally proud of!

#4 I sent her a rather cold reply and I am rid of the last friend in London that does not share my moral code, with surprisingly little inconvenience to myself. In fact, she probably thinks she broke it off herself ...

And so that is the end of that little saga. It is really sad because when there are no men around and Sam is not the wriggling, giggling and pandering to the men in the area, she is really lovely. It is just that her moral code is practically the polar opposite of mine and I am determined not to surround myself with people with dangerous or offensive moral codes!

Pip and Sam were my experiments in trying to be friends with people that did things I object to morally and how they failed!

It is one of the reasons I absolutely treasure you and Sister and Wifey - I am not alone in being an outspoken, intelligent woman that refuses to be stupid and submissive. It is a lonely road isn't it, my dear? And not many men are strong enough to walk it!

No comments: