Sunday, December 01, 2019

1 December 2012

Max will be putting up a Christmas tree and changing the lyrics to Christmas songs with a Christmas Angel and two Christmas Elves

Archie: You have got to be kidding. There are far more important things in December before Christmas. The tree should really only go up the weekend before Christmas. And songs are restricted to Christmas morning only!

Rhys: Bah humbug! I have been looking forward to putting up my Christmas tree for the last month. I can't think of a better way to spend my day than with two best friends a baby and some new Xmas decorations :). So for me, this is an important thing to do in December :)

Dirk: The weekend before xmas?!?!?!? That's crazy!!! After all that work you want it to be up for only 1 week? Our tradition is December 1st as well :)

Jack: Yes tree day for husband and me today, and tree day for my family tomorrow!. So exciting to have a baby to do it all with Rhys
Max I hope you are supplying some christmas baking!

Max: Elbow baked the chocolate biscuits for morning tea before the tree went up, cooked to the inexplicably disapproving Archie's recipe, and my gorgeous goddaughter was utterly charming and helped with the baubles. A good day had by all

Archie: Sorry girls, I wasn't being rude about your christmas plans as I love the family traditions that come out during the festive season. It was a comment directed at Max that Christmas can't start until my birthday's come and gone, hence the reference to the weekend before Christmas. My apologies that it wasn't taking in the light-hearted way it was intended

Max: Festivities-Jams are so AWKWARD! Especially for kids who have their birthdays overshadowed by Christmas. Jay and Australia Day have a long-standing too-close relationship, so the Festival of Jay was born. I almost always lose my birthday to the Perth Big Day Out and must counter with the Carnival of Max. And even non-overshadowed birthdays are turned into the CarniDirk ..? :) And if I remember rightly, there are some Birthday-Jams in Rhys's family too aren't there? And Jack has always disapproved of her Birthday Season in Australia as it does not allow watermelon at the party ..? God, someone stop me, I am on a roll …

Rhys: Thanks Archie :). I love lead up to birthdays. As for Jay's birthday, well husband and I threw a really big party for her three years ago invited all our friends and got married on that day. As for Max's birthday well that is the day I knew I was pregnant with my daughter  (sorry Max you are by default going to have to share the day with her) All I can say is thank goodness I was born on the 10 September and not a day later

Max: Hahaha, it is my pleasure to share my Thirtieth Birthday with the sure knowledge of your daughter's imminent arrival! I should also note that the marvellous cousins were kind enough to do what you did for Jay, Rhys, and host my Birthday Party one year at their wedding. AND a Ballroom Dancer took me for a spin on the dancefloor at the reception, which made my night! :) Just like kids, we learn to share ALL our things as we get older, including birthdays

No comments: