Saturday, October 19, 2019

19 October 2011

HOST TO ALL

Having entered the realm of themed food with the tapas edition, it seems only natural that the poker edition demands suitably themed victuals.

Now we can’t really live on the iconic poker night items - cigars, beer, whiskey and peanuts in shells…

So, in honour of the tradition of poker nights, we will be eating Man Food!

Rhys has vowed to create amazing mini man burgers (made from 100% man).

MAX TO ALL

I will bring along Russian Chicken Drumsticks - a fabulously sticky curry-style chicken drumstick recipe (it is really Russian, from my Mongolian Aunt, naturally) which means we can gnaw on a drumstick in one hand and hold cards/cigar/scantily-clad-young-person-who-is-only-with-us-while-we-are-winning in the other. MANLY!

OTHER PLAYER TO ALL

I'll bring some manly chilli chicken wings ;)

MAX TO ALL

I am re-calibrating my suggestion:

I want to do scotch eggs now ...

OTHER PLAYER TO ALL

Awesomeness – I’ll attempt some manly slow cooked ribs … remember that is ‘attempt’.

Now the question is do we play for REAL money – Host and I were thinking that we could maybe do a novel $10 or $5

Thoughts????

HOST TO MAX (AND RHYS)

Oh my god I love you!!!

HOST TO MAX (AND RHYS)

Teehee
But I want Russian drum sticks and a scantily clad young man....

HOST TO ALL

Ribs … mmmmmm

Ok, $10 each into the pot and winner takes all?

Be prepared for some serious sulking from me – I am not a good loser

MAX TO HOST (AND RHYS)

hehehehehehehehe, I know, right?

How are we going to advertise for suitably quiet and minion-ful young men to attend to our gambling and refreshment needs?

The Miner has such a forum, surely ...

Scotch Eggs are shaped like balls and can be eaten suggestively ..?

MAX TO HOST

Well, I'd like to be original, but right back at ya - Mutual Admiration Club - as long as the Club admits pretty and pliable men also ...

OTHER PLAYER TO ALL

Sounds good to me! I have no idea how to play so someone is going to make some easy money! bahaha

RHYS TO MAX AND HOST

Stop making me laugh - I am trying to work!

And $10 sounds good for the poker.

MAX TO RHYS AND HOST

This is all just training for getting your Poker Face on Rhys ...
Man Up etc etc

$10 is an affirmative, guys.

MAX TO ALL

Clearly we are going to have to refer to each other by our surnames ONLY all night too ... :)

RHYS TO MAX AND HOST

Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my poker face ...
*insert Gaga-esk movements*

HOST TO ALL

Ok you are doing the dance for us on the night

HOST TO ALL

Bahaha nice work ladies, we're on a roll
Those who haven't accepted yet, get onto it

RHYS TO ALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvkCEEj4I2s&feature=related

I feel this youtube clip is appropriate for our foody games night :)

MAX TO RHYS

SO

MUCH

FABULOUSNESS!

ARGH!

OTHER PLAYER TO ALL

Hey guys!!! that's with a very manly tone.
Deal me in on the night at this stage too, have only checked this mountain of emails this arvo.
Will whip up something appropriate can't think what at this moment, but a few ideas will occur no doubt.

No comments: