Saturday, October 12, 2019

12 October 2009

So, here is a funny story - I had a car accident yesterday! It was not bad, I was not hurt at all, but all is pretty much as good as it could be considering it was a car accident.

Also, as a side note, my first ever accident in 11 years driving - pretty good I reckon.

Anyway, it was a taxi that ran into me and the young Sikh who drove the taxi got my details for the insurance report. Today we had to talk to each other a few times to clarify different details, and, well, it became quite amusing because, despite the situation, he began to warm to me.

Especially when I had to give him my birthdate. He took it down in one phone call, then called again to check that I had indeed been born in 1981. Finally, after checking the date with me about five times in a row, he told me that I did not look nearly old enough to be born in 1981. I was quite amused, and assured him I was, indeed that old, and he rang off with a 'very nice to talk to you again Claire'. REALLY? After I totally damaged your car?

Hehehehe. Considering he was hiding all that hair under a turban, I remember that he was pretty cute. Also, he is that magic age for me at the moment - 23. If I had a dollar for all the 23 year olds that had tried to pick me up in the last few years I would be at least $20 richer right now.

I am on fire ...

No comments: