Wednesday, October 30, 2019

30 October 2009

Robbie: Thanks anyway for all the emails - will let Marlene know her only other option from my end is a goth dj
Yes bell a goth dj
sigh
Friend: I didn't know Goths had djs
Robbie: Yar - like at Sin ...
Max: but he is just a dj that dresses as a goth isn't he, he actually PLAYS bubblegum pop doesn't he Daph?
Robbie: Ahahaah.  No- he plays industrial music, melodic goth and hardcore stuff.  But he doesn't dress like a goth
Max: damnit - wrong non-stereotypicl dj …
Friend: U get out a bit eh rob
Robbie: 'Eh?'  Who's this random asking if I get out a bit, and saying 'eh' and calling me 'rob?"!
Hahahah
No- ask Max- I stay and home and scowl a lot.  Then I go out a lot and scowl some more
Max: Young Santa Maria! You appear to have forgotten many of the consonants and vowels needed to construct words! How your teachers would turn over in their graves …
Friend: It's the price u pay when u cc strangers on to emails!
U would definitely fit in at sin with all your scowling
Robbie: Ahahaha.  No, I don't scowl.  I smile a lot.  Like Bell. We're the two weird ppl beaming at ppl … then they come over and talk to us, and then I scowl
Max: don't listen to her Friend, she is make of sugar and spice and everything nice and if she is approached in a nightspot she is universally charming :)
Robbie: Oh- I saw this reaaally cute Vince Noir looking dj once, but proper electro goth...playing really electro-goth (the metallic stuff) ....was soo dreamy I wanted to puke!
U coming for drinks after work today?  MyPlace (on Pier St near wellington st)- 5.30 onwards.......

MAX

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - dunno, maybe not this Friday - I have to go to the THEATRE again (surprise surprise).

Check out my week next week ...

Monday - Equity Awards Ball (drinking, schmoozing, pretending to like people)
Wednesday - Script Reading which always ends up with Karaoke in the Pub with me Dancing with Actors at 12 pm
Thursday - WAAPA showcase (drinking, schmoozing, trying not to drool too much over hot young boys, fending off stupid, older agents to get to the hot ones first, that is what sharpened elbows and a dangerous smile are for)
Friday - Eat my Monologues at BamBOO (drinking, schmoozing, more drinking, standing in VERY high heels and trying to fend off ugly boys)

hehehehe - and that is all WORK. I hate my job.

HOW YOU DOIN'? How is the watering can going?

ROBBIE

Oh my....sucks to be u.

Ahahaah- sounds good, if not very very busy!

Have to say I find actors very boring, as more often than not I think they are very B-grade...and the good ones are smart enough to disappear early and not stay for the shameless smoozing...heh

My weekdays are far far more sedate, which is why I like my weekends a lil more packed!

Wouldn't turn my nose up at looking sideways at cybs, or cute young boys.....

MAX

It sucks, but someone HAS to do it *dramatic hand to forehead*

Actors are not the worst or the best bit of the job - they are, in the end, entirely incidental. It is the producers and agents and managers and crew and stage mothers that need to be dodged. The actors stand there, look less pretty than on film, talk boring talk and their brain cells die alone ...

The Cybs however - oh my, who cares if they are pretty and vacant, I am just looking, juuuuuuuuuuuuust looking ...

ROBBIE

Meh- gone are the days of just looking I think.  If the Cybs thinks ur a Cyg ... no worries ... heh

Yuk- stage mothers?  If they are anything like those ridiculous hens who run around trying to enter their babies in the cutest kid competitions, I hope u are VERY successful in dodging them!

No comments: