Tuesday, July 31, 2012

31 July 2003


From the email:
Your own English correspondant has just been watching some English Home Improvement shows and I can quite confidently say the presenters are DIVINE, but what they perpetrate on the room is NOT. Horseshoes spraypainted white with fairystones glued on them, taking pride of place over the fireplace, a 'curiosity' coffee table with a glass top through which you can see the huge fake agapantha flowers resting on velvet ... URGH! The presenter though! Lordy, the accent, the english alternative rock hair, the fabulous clothes *sigh* PITY about the taste in decorating.

I went to Harrods yesterday, and had to ring M to expect me a little late for dinner because I had wasted about 20 minutes staring at a bag. Love at first sight.

Apart from the window shopping though I just strolled down Picadilly. It is FABULOUS weather right now, lots of sun (I may even have gotten a light TAN shock horror), but the pure amount of cub scouts, groups of Japanese tourists in matching caps and backpacks and badly dressed Americans running around ... hilarious. I was asked three times yesterday if I was Australian purely from me saying 'hi'. Yup, tourist written all over me.

Yesterday afternoon M, M and I went for a run (in the rain because all that lovely sun disappeared as soon as I was using it for good and not for evil) and we went through Epping Forest which has Snaresbrook Crown Court on the lake. At one point there is no modern buildings in sight and you could swear you were back in 1600 with the white swans on the lake and the castle rising up out of the trees ...*sigh* I am very happy.

No comments: