Thursday, August 02, 2012

2 August 2003


From the email:
Saturday I went to Camden markets ... well actually myself, half of London and ALL the tourists. It was another clear hot day and the place was jumping. I nearly died from over salivation at the North African BBQ stalls ... the smell was heavenly. I managed to see every shoe shop in Camden as I was on a mission for a pair of sneakers. After a while I realised that EVERY shop I went into had a wall of bongs in it ... bizarre. We then headed to Portobello Road, which was closing as we arrived.

From the diary:
We are in a ground floor apartment on an Estate and it is so bloody English! We have a long overgrown garden with blackberries and lavender. A sunroom painted electric blue with fairy lights and a disco ball. A very serviceable kitchen. The bathroom is fantastic, orange and blue tiles, a bath and the cutest little unit. All her furniture is pretty cool, huge chunky woodens affair, a scattering of antiques and mock antiques and some painted with stressed paint. Very funky. My room is blue with a green wall and I need to arrange the furniture. The lounge is huge with two sofas and Jack’s room is red with the most spectacular huge wardrobes. I have yet to travel to town or have a look around but I like it down here.

No comments: